Use of the material on this site is subject to the following terms and conditions, acceptance of which is required for all use of this site.
Text copyright © A N Pielou, all rights reserved.
Drawings copyright © A N Pielou and licensors, all rights reserved. (see below).
The material made available on this site is subject to copyright protection.
The material may be downloaded to a locally stored file or printer for the purposes of private study or research, or for purposes as per the limited copyright waiver below.
All other rights are reserved. Other than as specified on this page, no part of any document made available via this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including information storage and retrieval systems, without prior written permission from the author.
Pictures and drawings
Pictures and drawings used within the documents on this site are taken from three possible sources:
- Original work by the author.
- Pictures based on ‘clipart’ – licensed to the author. Many drawings within this work have been based on, or use elements of, ‘clipart’ supplied as part of the ‘CorelDRAW’ product range from Corel Corporation (or their suppliers), who retain the rights related to these drawings. The drawings are used within this work under the terms of clipart licensing, as published by Corel Corporation.
- Pictures derived from a variety of other sources. All these pictures are believed to be ‘public domain’ or otherwise free from copyright restriction.
If this belief is erroneous, an apology is hereby offered, and any pictures so affected will be removed from the documents and from this site, on request.
All pictures and drawings are supplied only as part of the complete work, and no permission is granted for them to be separately downloaded, stored, or used.
Limited copyright waiver
Permission is hereby granted for reproduction of documents from this site for the purpose of training first aid volunteers or for similar education purposes. Reasonable numbers of copies may be made for this purpose, under the following conditions:
- That the information source is fully acknowledged.
- That the documents are not edited or altered prior to distribution of copies.
- That where the documents are copied in ‘electronic format’ , they are copied as complete entities – as held on this site.
- That the copies are provided at no charge – either direct or indirect – to the recipients.
Copying or use for commercial, fundraising, or profit-making purposes is not permitted.
Attention is drawn to the limitations relating to pictures and drawings.
The information on this site is offered in good faith – as the compilation of what is available from a variety of sources – but it cannot be guaranteed to be totally error free, up to date, or complete.
None of the documents is intended to be used as a basis for clinical judgments.
Any instructions, processes, or practices included in the documentation on this site are given for information purposes only. No guarantee is given or implied that such instructions, processes, or practices are approved for use by first aiders.
No liability or responsibility is implied, nor will be accepted, by the author, by the website administrators, or by any other involved parties, for any clinical errors or any other adverse consequences arising from the use of any information on this site.
Anatomy & Physiology for First Aiders
Preface | Introduction | The Body Covering | The Skeletal System | The Muscular System | The Circulatory System | The Respiratory System | The Nervous System | The Senses | The Digestive System | The Urinary System | The Endocrine System | The Reproductive System |Resource list |Copyright